Saturday, December 12, 2009

Privacy on Facebook

I don't really get the new setting for the Facebook privacy control when I opened it on Wednesday. I just skipped the procedure and proceeded with the normal entries.

The same notice appeared eventually I turned on the Facebook on the subsequent days. Today, I just followed the instructions without much understanding.

Anyway, I found a write up in today newspaper that slammed the revamp.

Online rights organisation Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) labeled aspects of Facebook's privacy change "downright ugly".

EFF lawyer Kevin Bankston said in a blog post "Facebook's new changes are obviously intended to get people to open-up more of their Facebook data to the public."

"The Facebook privacy transition tool is clearly designed to push users to share much more of their Facebook info with everyone, a worrisome development that will likely cause a major shift in privacy level for most Facebook's users, whether intentionally or inadvertently."

No comments:

Post a Comment