Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Gathering

Today at 12 noon, I attended a small gathering organised by my ex-schoolmate at TGIF Subang Parade as one of our dear friends had been in town from Kedah.

We sat at one corner with round table reserved for 5 of us. The cozy environment was a good and refreshing start. I was there quite early as I was released from my official duties for the first time in 5 years.

Actually, I was yearning and longing for the moment since I left school 26 years ago.

I had lost contact with almost all of my friends after SPM as I went to pursue my tertiary education in the States. I just got reconnected through Facebook recently.

One by one greeted me, starting from Bee Koon,(last time, some naughty kids would tease her as Mee Hoon), Wan Fadzillah, Muzni (the one from Kedah) and finally Alice.

All of us were from Form 5 Science 1 except for Alice, who opted to be in the art stream after her SRP as to pursue her ambitious to be an accountant.

Under the dim lighting, I noticed that the 4 of us remained quite similar except for few wrinkles on our face, strands of white hairs and a few of extra kilos.

As for Muzni, she was really exceptional, as she used to be triple of her current size. She had shrunk so much within this past one year after her successful ovarian cancer operation.

She recovered and had to be on strict vegetarian diet for a year. Occasionally, she supplemented herself with fish.

In between conversations, we were interrupted by the waiter for taking our orders and delivering the meals.

Everyone of us had a lot to share from the past and presents. Bee Koon is currently attached to UKM as lecturer, Wan with Maybank, Muzni with JKR and Alice with Putrajaya Holdings.

They also are happily married, Bee Koon has 2 boys opposite to Wan who has 2 girls. Alice has a perfect pair and Muzni adopted 2 kids.

A lot of catching ups and updates for the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment