Monday, December 21, 2009

Forgiveness

I like on the article by Linda Lim in today's newspaper. Although the article is dedicated to Christmas gifts but actually it is applicable to our daily life.

I still remembered my 'ustaz' reminded us on the most special gift during Hari Raya was not how much the person gave you that matter (even though as a kid, I really looking forward to the monetary incentives) but the 'forgiveness'.

When I looked back, ya it was so true, the precious gift from the heart especially forgiveness was on top of the list.

As Muslims, we believe that we are granted to be in this world temporarily only and during the transition periods, we are not free from making mistakes either intentionally or not.

It is easier to ask forgiveness from Allah as we speak to Him at least 5 times a day. But what about humans?

Hmm, very hard to say ... so I always remind myself that we are not perfect, so we should always seek forgiveness from others and also forgive others misdeeds...this is better rather than we hold grudges...

No comments:

Post a Comment