Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Preschooler

My four plus years old son just been about 4 months in preschool. Quite dramatic changes in personality observe these few months, among others the thoughts of being independent...

Among all my kids, I think he is the easiest to be trained and most obedient since small...may be because he is fully raise by myself without any help or interference from third party...

His first month experience in preschool was excellent. Diligent and eagerly to be among the early birds to reach the school compound. Every day, he would eat and sleep with books...He developed his first LOVE...

After the Chinese New Year break, which was the second month, tested my patience. Had to struggle to put him to school...the abrupt changed was really disturbing me. He would cry and plead to stay at home and after series of slow talks, he started to open up that he disliked one particular teacher...

Brought the issue to the school management as I felt awkward to speak to class teacher who is rather a 'puppet'...She was unable to asses my son as she did not teach him any single subject!!!

Upon confirmation from 'the teacher' and other teachers, it was stamped that the reason was not of my son's disciplinary attitudes but rather because he did not open his mouth to talk or sing!!!

Oh dear, isn't it too MUCH!!!Even adults sometimes chose to be on silence mode!!!

I guessed it was a standard procedure that 'the Malaysian kindergarten policy' applicable...it was the child who had problem rather than the 'teacher'...The management cum principal had a long list awaiting to protect and safe guard her employees...

Promised that the issue would be 'handled with care'...left me as parent with not much choice...as generally Malaysian kindies are academically oriented (some overloaded 5 yrs old class with tons of homework) and the quarterly fees are exorbitant which sometimes equivalent to private college charges...

Mean time, my son's loved for books helped him out...the story of 'big big bad troll' played a big role in molding his personality to deal with that particular 'problematic' teacher...

Now he is more confidence and dare to tell me "Teacher tut,tut...JAHAT"...it is not that I am proud with his statement but at least he knows how to express himself and trust me kids do know who genuinely like them or not...

Talking through experience as another new 'kid on the block' also faced the same scenario as my son...and the parent opted not to send him anymore...

2 comments:

  1. salam ruby...ni ur fren fr pasir gudang...
    i always like ur story-telling when the subject is ur children...u, as always, are a very critical person...i bet the kindy management has learned a lot from u (i figured u have been sending all ur boy's siss to the same kindy)...makes me laugh...take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam, it's gud to hear from you after a long silence mode, hehehe...a lot of reasons why I send them to the same kindy, Generally 1. I don't really look for totally academic package, 2. hygenic & safety...takutla kes2 child molest, hammer man etc...3. location- very close to my house. Keep in touch...

    ReplyDelete