Saturday, April 17, 2010

After Sales Service - Part 3

Continued...

My husband informed me that he received a call from the ASTRO technician and advised to try another steps before he came over.

I gave a shot. Carefully...turned off the decoder. Took out the smart card and rubbed the chip with eraser. Inserted the card and waited for 15 seconds. Turned on the decoder and ... sigh...'invalid smart card...'

Informed hubby of the outcome and the technician on the way.

The technician really had 'Midas touch'...off and on...the decoder worked. I felt like being slapped a few times...still could not believe my senses...

The technician " I told already...he went on repeating the steps. Now, it is a waste as you have to pay service charge of RM50."

Tried to think straight and still puzzled..."How??? I did as per instructed and not working."

He went on..." I would say that you will face the similar problem in future since you share the reception from a single disk. I would recommend either install a booster or another disk to prevent the problem."

Tried to think hard "Cannot be...we used it for years and nothing wrong. It just that this time the decoder was faulty as reported."

"But everything has a life span. If you don't believe me, see..." he showed me the reading of AGC 72 and BER 0."

"You better decide now, else next time we will charge RM50 again for the service charge and the price for booster is RM79. The disk cost at RM150."

"What is the different between booster and disk?" I requested. Tried really, really hard to put things together...was he trying to BS me or not...The answer was not up to satisfactory level...

"Please talk to my husband."

He proceeded to contact my husband and delivered the same recommendations. Passed the call to me...Decided not to proceed as I was not totally buy his proposals and short of cash...

Went to get the guy, and before I could open my mouth, he went on " See the AGC 68, BER 0..." he busied pressing the remote control.

"Honestly, I run short of cash as I don't expect you to be here today."

"I only have RM100" matter of fact I responded. "Do you take old decoder?"

He agreed to install the booster. Hard to believe that the offer was so good. The decoder 2 was sold to him for RM20.

"What about warranty?"

"3 months"

Took only few minutes to install. If he 'kelentong' me also I had no choice but to buy his ideas.

He left the house...then only triggered my brain to switch the channel..."Alamak...back to square one."

Retried the steps, still faulty...

Contacted his number and he told me to switch to the other card..."Oh..oh, please...I am sick and tired of this already. Can't you just get it, the decoder is faulty as reported..." I gasped air in between as I had run up and down to get things done...

"I am on the other side of Shah Alam. Pass me the smart card number."

He put down the phone after promised to get back to me...

He called a few minutes later..."Ok. I reported to the customer service. We will replace the decoder to a new one FOC. But I have to replace it tomorrow."

Again, I could not believe my ears...FOC???. So, I waited for him today for the free replacement decoder.

He came in at noon and replaced as promised, FOC...

Had to go through a lot of hassles before finally get things done...this rap up my story on 'after sales service'...

No comments:

Post a Comment