Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Safety

It was still early in the morning and as usual I was busy with the chores after sending off my kids to school.

Suddenly, I heard a noise came from behind my house. I peeped through the kitchen door and saw my neighbour was talking to her maid.

Wondering what was going, I went out to find out.

The maid pointed to the big hole on the chain link fence and the flung open grill of her neighbour's house.

She noticed the condition while she was hanging clothes and informed the employer.

It was the third house that was broken in this week within my neighbourhood.

The break-ins have increased lately in my area after the neighbourhood decided to fence up the area.

Security guards are hired and the conditions worsen...

I still believe what I wrote earlier on the responsibilities of being good neighbour.

We need a good channel of communication within the communities to keep us update on the surrounding issues and not to rely totally on the gated and guarded security system.

Efforts and corporations from the entire neighbourhood are crucial to ensure the safety...

1 comment:

  1. I agree, good neighbourly co-operation can do big to reduce crime. Sometime I wonder if the security guards themselve do partime to find extra money from the very housing area they are suppose to be guarding..

    ReplyDelete