Friday, January 22, 2010

A Man and A Crocodile

As a kid and lived in an era of 'black and white' idiot box back then, most of my time was filled playing with mates. TV set was a luxury and available at one or two homes for the whole villagers to watch.

I remembered that my father bought one when I was about 9 years old and since then quite a crowd of villagers would gather at my house to watch favourite programs at night.

Prior to this, I only managed to watch TV at my uncle's house with my cousins on friday nights as the RTM 1 channel would air malay movies.

It was a privileged nights and the excitement filled the air as if going out for a new movie.

Other than this, I loved to visit my grandparents house which only a walking distant from my house.

I shared the most enjoyable moment with my favourite auntie, Mak Ndak, who was still single.

She would prepare my favourite 'cucur kodok' and I would force her to tell me stories.

One of the stories that she kept on telling from time to time was on 'Sang kancil and the Crocodile'. Her story never bored me even an inch...

It was reported that a lorry driver from Kampung Semada Belatok, was spared his life after being attack by a 5m long crocodile.

The crocodile bit his legs and he managed to escape immediately after he played the famous 'Sang Kancil' trick...

Oh no, definitely no...he got no time to play the trick as he had to struggle for 10 minutes to release himself from the animal.

What he did was more brilliant than 'Sang Kancil', he poked its eyes.....

May be, I should tell this new version of 'Sang Kancil and the Crocodile' to my kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment