Saturday, January 9, 2010

Arson Attacks

I read through the Facebook and surprised to hear about arson attacked in Klang Valley churches.

I browsed through the paper today and only understood what was going on.

Metro Tabernacle Church in Kuala Lumpur, The Assumption Church and The Life Chapel Church, both in Petaling Jaya were involved in arson attacks.

The Metro Tabernacle's ground floor administration office was badly burnt.

Late last year, the issue of 'cow head' aroused followed by disagreement to relocate Hindu temple within majority of Muslims community.

It was believed that the arson attacks came after the High Court ruled that Catholic weekly 'The Herald' has the constitutional right to use the word 'Allah' to describe the Cristian God in its Bahasa Malaysia section.

To me, this is very sad as both incidents really tarnish the image of Muslims irrespective of the real agendas or who are behind the scenes.

I still remembered when I was in my primary years, I noticed that mostly the Chinese community would refer 'Tuhan Allah' when expressing their gratitude towards Muslims.

I am still puzzle why they used such term. Does it mean that they accepted the existence of Allah and trusted His power at some point but at other point they rejected Him...

Similarly, at my level, I wonder why the word 'Allah' is preferred by 'The Herald' in its Bahasa Malaysia versions.

But the word will be replaced by 'Lord' or 'God' in English versions.

I can see the inconsistency and not clear on the real intentions...is it part of the missionary or is there any hidden agenda.

The issue has to be resolved once for all to ensure harmony between the races and that no party misuses the term for its own benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment