Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Generosity and Happiness

'Happiness...is giving to others, I don't expect the recipients to thank me' - Koon Yew Yin.

Yet another touching story on generosity. Yesterday, it was about a pauper helping a pauper and now about a rich helping a pauper...

I still remembered 'Mark Twain' book 'The Prince and the Pauper'. Love it so much...

After reading the story of a retired chartered engineer and a co-founders of IJM Corporation Bhd, Gamuda Bhd and Mudajaya Group Bhd, Koon Yew Yin, has spent a large part of his life making others happy by giving out scholarship, I felt amazed.

However, not so many are as generous as him as none of the members of a service club, consist of professionals and businessmen, willing to take up his challenge to give up a month salary to charity during a talk.

Well, generosity will lead to happiness as he said 'I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. Nevertheless, I just laughed. They have not tried giving to others because if they have and felt the happiness, they would do it over and over again."

No comments:

Post a Comment