Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Love

Basically, this is the reason why I quited my job 5 years ago. The love to my kids beat the odd although I knew the decision was hard for my husband to agree.

Finally, he gave the blessing for me to resign after much consideration of my arguments. Although we had to sacrifice a lot due to financial constraint but the bond between us became stronger.

The kids would have a kind of look and a lot of worries, if I sought their 'approval' should I have to go back to the industries. Well, wish to share a good write up by Nor Aliza Samad on her dilemma of being a stay at home mom. Contradict to me, she became the stay at home mom on her husband's request.

I have been staying home much too long. Now that my daughters no longer need me to wake up at 3am to feed them, I want to be back at work like my college friends, who take home handsome salaries.

(In my case, I have to leave my kids around 10pm and came back around 5am and had to go back to work by 7.30am as I was assigned to take care off night constructions after my confinement of my son. The handsome salaries I brought home could not compensate it!)

And what has he got to say about this?

"Well, that's very sensible of you. Frankly, I find working women more attractive and intellectual stimulating."

(This is true for my husband who I knew since college days. He preferred an independent female companion. But what to do, he got me the conservative person. Stimulating ehh...I had to leave for Bintulu for 3 days while I still breastfed my son. I had to endure the pain and sore of my breast during those trip...)

Wait a minute! Wasn't it you who said many moons ago that working women were selfish, individualistic and the cause of family disintegration?

"Gee, did I say that? Well, I guess you have to forgive me, I was green then."

It's very cute of you to admit the slip of the tongue. But we have two children now and had it not been for my nose, even my mother would have mistaken me for Roseanne Bar!!!

The story went on with the husband apologised and encouraged her to apply for jobs.

She broke the news to the kids and like mine, they gave that worry look...

This is the interesting part...The children were in bed. I walked to the bed. There he was, arms wide open, his eyes looking straight into mine.

"Loving you is stimulating enough," he said.

Hopefully, my husband realizes that my love is more stimulating and incomparable...

No comments:

Post a Comment