Monday, March 15, 2010

Memory

My family and I attended a wedding reception in Ampang, to be precised 'Kampung Desa Pahlawan'.

It was a very important event to us as the wedding invitation came in about two weeks ago. My husband and I were touched with the notes written at one corner of the card "(Penjaga Sajidah)"...

It has been over 10 years that we did not keep in touch, not even a single news was heard since we moved to our new house.

Out of nowhere, we received this invitation and from the simple card, we gather a lot of information. Both the guardians, 'pakcik & makcik' as we used to call them had performed 'haj' and now they are going to celebrate their youngest son's wedding.

Immediately, I dialed the number printed on the card and the line got connected. Unbelievable, the lady on the other end recognised my voice, MasyaAllah...

Congratulated her and promised to present on the wedding day after catching up on the current status, in between felt happy tears rolling on my cheeks, we ended the conversation with salam.

We reached the house by noon, the surroundings were not much different from the time we left. The orchids still look lovely ...

I picked up the memories of sending my first daughter to this wonderful couple, whom I treated so much like my very own auntie and uncle, and gave makcik the most warming hugs...

Makcik even looked pretty much the same and infact 'younger' with her pearly white 'gigi palsu' except for pakcik who seemed to lost his barrel belly over the years.

Unfortunately, my daughter, Sajidah, could not relate anything from her toddlerhood to these "opah and atuk"...

No comments:

Post a Comment