Monday, March 22, 2010

Desaru

The one week school break was really a relief...the breeze of cool air, wind and the rhythms of waves really energised me.

The splashing of cooling water in the swimming pool really acted as a very efficient mind and body therapy.

The little break was really meaningful although we had to sit still for five hours journey and had to mind the kids monotonous questions 'lambat lagi ke nak sampai?'

We spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Lotus Beach Resort in Desaru and chose the suite as it was under promotional package.

Very good deal, only at RM184(nett) per night (from Monday to Friday), we got a kitchen, bathroom and big TV lounge area downstairs and big bedroom and bigger bathroom on the upstairs.

The TV lounge with two panels sliding door was facing the "water theme park" which made the kids screamed of excitement.

We made a tour around the resort, the theme park comprised of pool, water playground for kids, coconut splash and water slide.

Further down, next to the club house, was a big swimming pool complete with wading pool for kids.

We walked further down to the beach and there was another food outlet facing the beach.

We had our lunch at a medan selera at a nearby township "Bandar Penawar". The mee rebus was tasty but the 'nasi goreng pattaya' was quite expensive compared to Klang Valley.

We had a rest and the kids could not wait any longer to hang around the water theme park.

We tried the water slide first and it was compulsory to slide with a float. We had to go down the hilly to the pool to collect the floats.

We picked the floats and went back to the starting point. My kids were so excited and off they go.

I was not confidence as I had to take my youngest son on the float. I made a few attempt before finally slide down with him on my lapse...'Gadabush"...the float overturned as we lost balance and my son was crying.

Luckily, the float hanged around his neck so he was still floating while I had to struggle to come out from the water and grabbed him.

I could not see my other kids and worried on their safety as well especially my third one who could not even float on his own. My youngest one was crying and did not want to proceed.

So, I had to lift him out of the pool and one good samaritan helped me to climb out as well.

I took him to the pool and reunited with the other kids. My other kids also shared the terrified experience except for the eldest who had great fun.

By the time we reunited, she was already on her second round!!!

Then, we proceeded to the swimming pool next to the club house. I had great time here....

The routine for the next day was similar to the first day except that we had longer hours to enjoy ourselves.

The buffet dinner at the 'club house' was really great...we only spent RM105 for varieties of choices from dessert to main course and from east to west menu...

No comments:

Post a Comment