Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Faisal Tehrani

I was browsing through the books at the MPH Bookstore outlet in Subang Parade while waiting for the kids taking part in the colouring activity organised by the bookstore to bookmark the school break.

I went through the 70%, 50%, 30% and 20% price marked down. Got a book for my 7 years old son with 70% price slashed which I would say a very good bargain.

At the 20% discount corner, mostly were malay novels and honestly, I had stopped reading malay novels ever since I left secondary school.

The first malay novel I read was the famous Khadijah Hashim "Badai Semalam" and the last one was "Saga" by Abdul Talib Mohd Hassan.

To me, those two novels were really good and had their own class. I also read Shahnon Ahmad "Ranjau Sepanjang Jalan"...

I stopped because of few reasons but one of the reasons was that I could not find really good malay novel with good text and strong/relevant story line...

I turned to english novels as my husband is a great fans of those novelist like Sidney Sheldon, Marry Higgins Clark and John Grisham to name a few.

However, the storylines were almost similar from one novel to another as I already could anticipate what was going to happen so on and no climax.

Then, I read Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code". It didn't let me down at all. Every inch of the story was filled with suspense.

While running through the tittles, I spotted "Tunggu Teduh Dulu" by Faisal Tehrani. Actually, the writer's name caught my attention first as it was unique. I read the synopsis and a comment by S. Othman Kelantan "Great dramatic impressions to the readers".

I hope that the author will not let me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment