Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cherating




We had a long 3 hours drive from Shah Alam passing through Karak Highway and East Coast Highway to Cherating. Along the way, really enjoyed the panoramic view of the Titiwangsa Range which provided us with the endless jungles emitting fresh tropical air and filled with palm and rubber plantations. The winding road was quite taxing especially at certain places with sharp corners.

The three hours long journey was tiring as we only took a short break at the Temerloh rest area. The new completed highway was a bit confusing as the signboard was not properly showed the Cherating exit. Luckily we had the guide from the GPS hand phone.

We stayed at the Holiday Villa Resort for 3 days and 2 nights. Cherating beach welcomed us with the refreshing breeze wind and waves making synchrony rhythms...it was so peaceful and harmony. The kids were happily making sand castle and chasing the waves with my husband.

I was a bit disappointed with the condition of the beach as I was expecting a white sandy beach and crystal clear sea water. I still remembered my earlier visits to Cherating in the '90s. After more than a decade, the water has been badly polluted as the South China Sea seemed to be charcoal coloured.

I perfectly rested myself on the lazy chair beneath a big casuarina tree. While enjoying the environment, I occupied myself with reading the Mills and Boons book before joining them later at the swimming pool nearby.

Foods were easily available from the stalls along the Cherating roads which mostly served either Thai menus or seafood grill. I think the food was quite pricey.

The popular souvenirs were batik painting and pandanus handicrafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment