Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hari Raya Stories

Home sweet home...finally, we were back at our tiny "cottage". Been away for almost a week to celebrate Hari Raya at kampung was really nice and great. Love the part meetings with relatives and exchanged stories...while we attended to the ketupat, lemang, rendang and raya cookies. The kids also loved the experience mixing with cousins and collecting "duit raya". I guess every kids were fond of the ideas ... even a small token would put smiles on their faces. It was a tradition that passed from generations to generations...

A lot of things happened within this past few months...the uncle ( my stepmum's in law) is paralysed. He is still young, in the 40's, and seeing him in wheelchair really broke my heart. My heart melt further seeing the wife and the pair of kids aged 11 and 6 years old...it really touched my heart that we really should always be thankful to Allah and give ourselves the best in serving Him while we are blessed with good health...

At my in law place, I was lucky to meet my husband's aunt, who is about 86 years old and still be blessed with good health...

We traveled home on Friday morning and after Friday prayer received a call from my husband's long lost basketball buddy. He was on the way to our house with the family in the evening. Luckily, we had prepared some raya delicacies bought from the Pasar Tani and my mother in law famous steam fruit cake.

I was preparing the table when I noticed something not right with the tablecloth...patches and stripped of transparent tapes nicely stuck on part of it. Being curious, I peeled the tape...and hmmmm...someone had accidentally cut it...
I know the culprit, my eldest daughter,...who always played with scissors and cutter...

Sadly, I looked at the tablecloth which has a sentimental value...I bought it 16 years ago while attending a course in Japan...

The friend and his family arrived shortly after and we had a good catch up. It was my first meeting with them who came all the way from Penang.

Later that night, we paid a visit to another friend's house in TTDI Shah Alam ...

No comments:

Post a Comment