Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Parenting Pledges

Congratulations to my niece who has been blessed with bundle of joys today with the arrival of a newborn girl in Glasgow.

Mother's Day had just over and father's day is next on the line, wish to quote a very beautiful wordings I got from the Islamic parenting site about the special gift from Allah.

'The soul of your child is like an uncut precious jewel entrusted into your care by Allah.To you is given the awesome responsibility of shaping that precious jewel into a beautiful form, pleasing the eye of Allah.'

Nevertheless, the responsibility is very big to the parents and full of hurdles especially nowadays in modern and technologies eras...

Thus, this is my sincere gift of 'Effective Islamic Parenting Pledges' especially to my husband, all parents and a reminder to myself which I extract from the above site.

1. I am raising my child to be successful vicegerent(khalifah) of Allah, who will help create truly Islamic world.

2. Today, I will try my best to know and understand all the influences upon my child's development.

3. Today, I will try my best to help my child understand the power of negative influences to take him/her away from Allah.

4. Today, I will try my best to shield my children from the power of negative influences to take him/her away from Allah.

5. Today, I will try my best to enhance (increase) the power of the positive influences upon my child to take him/her towards Allah.

6. Today, I will try my best to notice some positive things my child does or says, and tell him/her how much those thing and appreciated by me and by Allah.

7. Today, I will try my best to say nothing negative to my child even if I have to correct my child's wrong behaviour . I will try my best to find some positive way to do so.

8. Today, I will love my child unconditionally but I will try my best to express that loves at times which are most beneficial to my child.

9. Today, I will try my best to be an example of good Muslims for my child.

10. Today, I will pray for Allah's help that I can be a good parent for my child.

It is highly recommended to us to read the 10 pledges every day. I hope with Allah's help we will manage to execute the pledges even with tons of obstacles...

Leading through example, here we go.......GOOD LUCK .

No comments:

Post a Comment