Monday, May 10, 2010

Facts on Fish Oil

I remembered the advertisement of 'Scott's Emulsion' Fish Oil with its famous trademark of a fisherman carrying a big fish on his back...

It is sort of a tradition in each family back then to introduce the products to children as immunity booster...well personally I never like the yucky fish taste and always gave that monstrous ugly face...just tried it for few days and GIVE UP!!!

Recently, my neighbour passed me a bottle of 120 yellowish fish oil capsules to supplement my diet since he has extra stock.

No doubt, fish oil is good for the heart and keep me alert but I can't stand the after taste sensation...which I finally dumb in the refrigerator...

Anyway, there is an interesting outcome of fish oil recently. The researchers from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine had conducted a two year studies on 748 men and women and concluded that there is no evidence that fish oil is good for cognitive function.

The study concluded that 'fish oil may be good for your heart but it doesn't seem to help keep you smart'.

No comments:

Post a Comment