Friday, November 5, 2010

The Race

Indonesia was hit pretty hard this time with 3 in 1 package...left the affected place as 'padang jarak padang terkukur' and Thailand with the heavy flood...not to forget our own country, especially those in Perlis, Kedah and Kelantan.

My family was not escaped as my father, brother and sisters are staying in Kota Setar region...

Received a short SMS from my brother yesterday, that they were going to move out from the house. I just could not imagine...the horrible and chaotic conditions that they had gone through...

I called my brother immediately and the line was not that good. The water level was at their waist and they were getting on the rescue team boat and ready to be located at a relief center.

We cut the conversation short and asked my brother to update the progress.

At 2 a.m. a called from my brother woke us ...they were leaving the relief center and on their way to his other house in Bertam. I was relieved as I could not imagine my father situation of having to put up at the relief center...

Briefly, my father informed that they were not able to salvage anything except some clothing as the water level raised very fast...furthermore, over 30 years, this was the first time the area been hit ted by flood...so technically nobody had the experience and know how to handle the situation...

The water and electricity supplies were cut earlier...so left them with not much choice...

It was quite an experience as they boarded a rescue team boat to ferry them to the relief center. 4 families boarding the same boat. Half way through, they had to take a pick up truck to continue the journey.

They reached the relief center about midnight after several hours spent on the road...then my brother called one of his friends to send him his car (which he had placed at the friend's house earlier).

There on, they raced to my brother's house in Bertam and safely arrived an hour later. Alhamdulillah...

We should be very thankful to have this bright and sun all day long...

No comments:

Post a Comment